I was not keeping well so could not post any new posts recently. Now I am back on track. 🙂 Let us get started.
The recently concluded US Open has new women’s champion this time. The German Angelique Kerber wins US open for the first time by beating Karolina Pliskova 6-3, 4-6, 6-4.
Due to time difference, I was unable to watch the live match. That is one of the biggest drawbacks of living in different continent. I wish I could time travel. 🙂
For those who have missed the match like I did, here are the highlights:
Highlights – Kerber
- This is Angelique Kerber’s first US Open title.
- Angelique is the First German after Steffi Graf to win the US open since 1996
- Angelique has won this year’s Australian Open title as well. Read more here
- She was runner up in Wimbledon 2016.
- With US open title in her kitty, she is now ranked as the new world number Tennis player.
- At the start of the year, Angelique was ranked 10th in the world and now she has reached to the top.
- She is silver medalist in Rio 2016 Olympics.
“It means a lot to me. When I was a kid, I was always dreaming to be the number one player in the world and to win Grand slams and today’s the day!”
Highlights – Karolina
- Karolina Pliskova 6’ 2” is a Czech player.
- She is WTA tour player who is leading with 450 aces this year.
- On her route to the US open final, she managed to outplay both William sisters.
- This is Karolina’s first Grand Slam major Final.
“I found out, I can play my best Tennis on the big stages!”
Nothing succeeds like success! Welcome Angelique!